Manufactured and Packaged in Sri Lanka with the Finest Sri Lankan Material.

Webcam Business

I have three Webcams at home:

1. Logitech Quickcam Chat
2. Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000
3. Kodak ...

The Quickcam Chat is my latest webcam, and is not an improvement over the others. My good old Quickcam Pro 4000 stopped showing video after about a year of use. When in operation it shows a black, sometimes flickering screen. Only the microphone worked properly. After research on the internet, I came to the conclusion that the sensor in the Pro 4000 was dead and gone.

So I bought a Quickcam Chat looking for a cheaper deal. Big mistake. The Quickcam Chat's picture quality was light years behind my Quickcam Pro 4000. The picture was even worse than the front camera of my 3G phones.

My Kodak webcam (1999) never works under Windows XP or Vista, so that too is useless to me.

Can anyone suggest a good webcam to buy, which has less chances of dying within the first few years?

2 comments:

  vimasuma

December 18, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Interesting topic.. Looking forward to this..

  Anonymous

January 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM

You can test your webcam it is easy!
http://www.testmycam.com