Manufactured and Packaged in Sri Lanka with the Finest Sri Lankan Material.

The First Anniversary

Twelve months ago, a man nicknamed himself TechnoGuy Sri Lanka and entered the worldwide blogosphere. He created a blog to tell the world about Information Technology worldwide and how it affects Sri Lanka, and also to tell the world about the local Media industry.

Twelve months after February 17th, 2007, the very same man celebrates one year of blogging and thus the First Anniversary of TechnoGuy's Blog.

I am very happy on this day. First of all, I thank the TV & Radio Sri Lanka group of blogs for introducing me to Blogging. A partial thanks also goes to the shutdown of CBN Sat, which is not really a good thing, but prompted me to search the internet for information and made me discovery the CBN Sat Forum (now Dialog TV Forum).

Although I have become increasingly busy at work during the last year, it has not kept me from blogging. True, I missed out one entire month without a single post. But yet I tried my best back then, and still try to do so now whilst I am piling up with an ever-largening amount of work.

I have posted almost 50 posts and I've had an amazing 4500 visitors so far. I'm waiting for another 500 visitors. Meanwhile I've had almost 10 polls in which people have actively participated.

On December 26th, 2007, I introduced a new visual theme for the blog. This was both good and bad. The good was that this new style allows for a two side-columns for better organization. And the new theme does look better than the Blogger-made theme I used. The bad was that I lost all poll information because I overlooked writing it down before replacing the template.

I truly hope and pray that my blog will live on for many years to come, whatever may happen to me. I will try my best to post something useful and interesting as frequently as possible.

So I wish myself the best wishes for the future of TechnoGuy's Blog, and wonder what to post next.

Meanwhile, would you kindly consider voting on how well I've done so far, and commenting on future improvements I could make?

2 comments:

  දිමුතු

February 18, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Good luck. Hope to see more & more in future.

  Anonymous

February 21, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Thank you for your efforts. Please keep it up. The information you provide was useful